Note: we are no longer accepting applications for this position. Thanks for your interest!
This was a 20 hours per week, remote position. The position will work closely with Resonym’s existing team to build community and promote Resonym’s board games to the world. Women, LGBTQ+ applicants, and black, indigenous, multiracial, and other applicants of color were all particularly encouraged to apply.
- Manage Social Media: Post regularly to Resonym’s Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter pages, and strategize to grow these platforms. Post occasionally to Resonym’s Youtube account. Engage with followers on those platforms, and grow follower bases. Feature Resonym’s products on occasional Twitch streams.
- Manage Community: Maintain Resonym’s community of fans on Discord and social media through regular engagement, and strategize to grow this fanbase. Mobilize them to support Resonym.
- Create Media: Take photos, make videos and other graphics for use in social media and occasions such as Kicksterter campaigns.
- Manage Kickstarters: Assist with Kickstarter community management including drafting and sending Kickstarter updates, responding to backer comments, and arranging promotional events and streams.
- Conduct Promotion and Marketing: Plan and execute marketing campaigns on the web, via social media, and at conventions. Record metrics and optimize campaigns. Write and distribute press releases.
- Conduct Outreach: Select content creators and reviewers to create reviews, playthroughs, streams, interviews, etc. featuring Resonym’s team or products, both for upcoming Kickstarters and already-released products. Arrange, oversee, and sometimes participate in created content.
- Manage Mailing List: Compose and send periodic updates to the Resonym mailing list.
- Attend Conventions: Demo and sell Resonym’s products and network with industry professionals at conventions. Assist with planning convention attendance.
- Customer Service: Dispatch orders from Resonym web store. Answer customer inquiries via email and social media.
- Maintain Web Presence: Help maintain Resonym websites and archives. Update Resonym websites as new games are released.
- Other: Contribute to brainstorms. Playtest prototypes. Assist in development and production. Assist with sales. Other duties as assigned by Game Designer or CEO.
- Experience with social media, marketing, or community management
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Excellent understanding of social media platforms, especially Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to be flexible and problem solve for all of the types of challenges a small business can face
- Ability to both work well with a team, and work independently
- Ability to both come up with big picture strategies, and see strategies through
- Strong organizational and time management ability and attention to detail
- Knowledge of board games or the tabletop games industry strongly preferred
- Must be located in and authorized to work in the United States
- Located in the northeastern United States is a plus
- Photography, videography, and photo and video editing experience is a plus
- Twitch streaming and Streamlabs OBS experience is a plus
Details and How To Apply
This position pays $11 to $15 per hour. We are no longer accepting applications for this position—thanks for your interest!