Draw a question card, like “Condoms: because ________ isn’t for everyone.” Then, all other players submit their funniest answer card and——you know what? We’re going to assume you’ve seen a game like this before. You probably know how to play… it’s just friggin’ Mad Libs, but as a card game with adult humor. Our jokes are funny, so you should play it.
Clowns Applaud Insanity* is a 20 minute game that plays best when combined with any other raunchy black and white card game you own. (2-8 players ages 18 and up)
The game features:
*Formerly known as Cops Arrest Manatees, but someone stole our dumb name so we had to choose another.
1. Each player draws 10 White Cards.
2. Choose one player to be The Clown.
3. The Clown flips over the top Black Card of the deck and reads the question or fill-in-the-blank out loud.
4. Everyone else answers by passing one White Card secretly to the Clown.
5. The Clown shuffles all the answers and shares each with the group. The Clown chooses the funniest combo, and the person who played the winning combo keeps the Black Card as an “Applause Point!”.
6. The player to the Clown’s left becomes the new Clown. Everyone draws back to ten White Cards.
How to Stop
You can stop playing the game whenever you want, but generally, the first person to win 10 Black Cards is the winner.
All other players are losers to varying degrees based on how many “Applause Points!” they have won.
*Some Black Cards say Pick 2 or Pick 3. These are answered with 2/3 White Cards to make a whopping Big-Top-Combo.
For 2 or 3 Players:
If you don’t have enough players to ensure anonymity, add White Cards from the deck so that there are a total of 4 cards for the Clown to choose from.
If the deck won, place its “Applause Point!” Black Card in its own point pile. If the deck wins the game… Congratulations on losing to a deck of cards!
Made in collaboration with Dr. Ross Virginia.
Warning: In compliance with the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 (CPSIA) we are notifying you that some of the products we sell may contain small parts or parts that may break off potentially causing a choking hazard to small children. Please supervise small children to ensure their safety.